This unit is designed for use particularly with laying birds either for egg production or breeder houses or even rearing units where lighting patterns are critical. One slip up with the setting of a time clock or a blown fuse in a row of lights can upset egg production for a number of days or delay bird maturity in the case of rearing.
The lighting monitor/alarm senses the actual level of light in the poultry house with a photo cell and detects if the level falls outside that expected at any time during the 24 hour period. If for instance the lights were to fail to turn off at the normal set time, the light detector in conjunction with the built in time clock would signal an alarm.
The Lighting Monitor will detect the following:
- Lights remaining ON when they should be OFF
- Lights staying OFF when they should be ON
- Dimmer units set wrong or malfunctioning
- Lanes left on manual ON or OFF
- Blown fuses or tripped circuit breakers within the lighting circuit